Monday, November 21, 2016

Parallels

A couple of days ago, I had somewhat of an eye opening experience. I had a conversation with someone who's been working very hard to achieve his goals, and has recently came upon some very good success in his pursuits. He has a similarity to me in terms of what he's done, and is doing now. Only he works much harder. That's still a work in progress for me (DUH to you if you've paid any attention to these blurbs for the past few years).
It's strange how God puts people in other people's lives. We're two people with what I'd assume to be very different lifestyles, yet we share a handful of similarities in terms of our age, our talents, and our goals. I don't necessarily know if our exchanges will lead us anywhere other than where we are now. It's not the type of thing I expect to happen, but who knows. His honesty was very refreshing; and the fact that he's taking his success in such an amazed and humble way is inspiring. You can tell the guy cares. I'd like to think I'd be the same if ever I reached that level. In some strange way, I vicariously experienced through him what it's like when you start to become well known for your talents. That thing that I've become unafraid to tell people, but that I feel most people don't entirely take seriously if it's not their cup of tea.
Having gone back and forth for a while, he'd made a realization about us and said "So it's like we're both learning about this new thing at the same time." He's right. Little does he know the motivation he's giving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment