Monday, October 30, 2017

One Song

It's been on the shelf in my head for years, more than I had initially even thought. It was just after I was done with the band. A riff that never left me. A story about watching someone slowly lose who they are. Dark stuff. Can't help it. It's always been my strong suit. But it's catchy. It's dramatic. It's sad. But it's got energy. It's got a rhythm. It's me at my best so far. It's my most fleshed out work. Which is why it's always been the one I was going to work on next.
It cost me a lot. It's going to cost more. I want something to accompany it. Visuals to the story. Same as what I pictured before. It was always the plan. It marks both something important, and something important for me. The end of the hiatus. The start of the momentum shift. The thing everyone thought I gave up on. One of the only things that truly grabs hold of my attention. An obsession that matters. The gift I've been given. The something I want to share. The things I have to say. The need to do more. My piece. My personal deadline is November. Now, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment